Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Good Life

Brainhell's good friend created a blog, BHAtRest, where people could share their stories about him and talk about how he changed their lives.

I'm going to be 29 years old soon - even though turning 30 seems like I'm getting OLD, I know that I'm still a pretty young person who should have several more decades before it's my time to go.

He should have had more time too, but ALS stole those years. But instead of facing an early death with bitterness or angry words, he quoted Captain Kirk, saying "it was fun".

Those three words sum it up, don't they? Maybe that's the secret to life: knowing that at the end of your own, you'll be thinking of good memories and the people you love - not the bumps and bruises taken along the way. If you live a good life (as best you know how) then the end can be faced without regret and people will celebrate who you were and what you stood for.



A very good friend of mine
Told me something the other day
I'd like to pass it on to you,
Cause I believe what he said to be true
He said:
We're here for a good time
Not a long time
So have a good time
The sun can't shine everyday
And the sun is shinin,
In this rainy city,
And the sun is shinin,
Ooh isn't a pity?
That every year has it's share of tears,
Every now and then it's gotta rain

We're here for a good time
Not a long time
So have a good time
The sun can't shine everyday

2 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Suldog said…

    Trooper.

    (I might be the only guy in the lower 48 who owns their albums.)

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Suldog said…

    Very emotionally involving blog he had, by the way. I just surfed over there from your link.

    Here I was, sitting here in a funk because of a football game yesterday. Put things right into perspective, quickly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home