Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm baaaack



for now anyway...

We're home from the lake and already getting ready for Trip #2 - Labour Day weekend on Pelee Island. This weekend we'll be scouting out the winery to get information that will help us decide whether or not we're getting married there. So we're both pretty excited, and I barely care that the living room looks like somebody's messy basement or garage. If we were little, we'd be building a fort out of coolers, sleeping bags and other random things cluttering up the room. Instead we're making lists and checking batteries, but somehow it's still fun...

The past couple of weeks has been a whirlwind, despite being on holidays. There has been good news and sad news and laughter and tears, many of which I won't take the time to write about now.
I temporarily forgot about my Lifestyle Change and ate ridiculous amounts of not-so-healthy food (mmmm poutine) and now keep looking at my ass in the mirror wondering why my pants are fitting so tight. It takes forever to lose 10 pounds, but all I need to do is eat a few bad foods and BAM! my ba-donka-donk has some extra donk. Hopefully we can do lots of walking this weekend, otherwise I might have to pull out the jeans that were delegated to the back of closet after getting too big to wear.

On a happier note, there were boat rides, campfires, long walks, fabulous dinners, and lots of great times spent with family. We had a surprise party for my Mom's birthday on Monday, complete with cake and some Mad Science fun. I had a hell of a lot of fun and probably won't settle back into work mode until after Labour Day weekend.

Which is totally fine with me :)


And so, off I go again for several days - be back after Labour Day! Hope you all have a safe & happy long weekend!


3 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Hilary said…

    Sounds like a mostly-lovely time. I love those moonrise and sunset photos. And I can almost feel the glow of those sun sparkles on the water. So nice!

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Suldog said…

    Lovely photos. I'm glad you had a good time, of course.

    Got to say, though, that spelling "labor" as "labour" goes completely against the spirit of the day. Too much extra work hauling around those superfluous U's :-)

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Michelle H. said…

    Wonderful photos, although I'm wondering how drunk the dog got? Happy Labour Day to you. (See, I have no problem with the "U" unlike some people, hint-hint. LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home