Sunday, June 03, 2007

To the one who traveled thousands of miles with me

Today, Jeremy turns 26 years old (yep, if you're doing that math - I'm the "older woman"). I'm missing yet another birthday (I think it's okay to complain about this one) as I languish here in London, England.

It's been a hard couple of years - lots of obstacles and things to work through, but he's now working (yay!) in a job that he already loves & July will be here before we know it.

Since I can't be there to celebrate in Canada, here's my "birthday card"... (I promise I'll keep it short!)


Jeremy,


Today you turn 26, which means I'm still two years older (not sure about wiser) than you are.

May you have a pint (or two or three) of your favourite beer,
Time to relax and enjoy the day,
A fun dinner out with friends,
and a phone call from your adorable girlfriend in England (who misses you lots!)

Thanks for being there during all of the hard times, and for helping to rebuild my confidence and courage when things seemed hopeless (more than once). You believed in me and supported me and my career even though it meant yours would be put on hold for awhile. You'll never know how much I appreciate it. That new job couldn't have been better deserved...

And so I hope that you take the time today to enjoy yourself and realize that the world became a better place when you came into it.





and so at risk of typing too much (cause we all know I can), I'll just say one more time:

Happy Birthday Jeremy!!!

I hope your birthday was as fantastic as you are!

Love, Mel

4 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Suldog said…

    Happy Birthday, Jeremy!

    (It's a good thing, this "older woman" stuff. MY WIFE is two years older than me and we've been happily married for over 15 years now.)

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you old lady for doing everything you could to make my day enjoyable even though you're 7000 miles away.

    Thank you for sticking by me for the last few years even though many times things appeared to be hopeless. Things are finally falling into place for us and its only a matter of time until I have you back and will never let you go again :)

    Love,

    Jeremy

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm thinking that Melinda is going to be crying when she reads that last response...
    Laura

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Melinda? Cry? Pft, as if...

    ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home