Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Just because it's Tuesday

We've had the most beautiful autumn this year in Southern Ontario. Unlike most years, the leaves stayed on the trees for several weeks after changing colours, so we've been treated to some pretty spectacular views in and around London. Even the crazy winds that blew Hallowe'en night didn't strip the trees bare (like the winds tend to do this time of year).

This morning it finally happened though. I looked out the window to see driving rain and blowing wind, and trees that are now just barely clinging to the last few leaves of the season. A cold, rainy autumn day with grey skies that carry the promise of the coming winter.

On a day like this, you'd almost expect something unpleasant to happen.

Luckily for me, today has been a pretty good day so far: a long coffee break with my best friend, a shockingly easy drive through the city, and a truly enjoyable lunch workshop with one of my school groups.

Now, I'm sitting inside my cozy apartment, listening to the rain pound against the windows.

And eating lobster.

Just because I can.

(mostly because it was $7.99 for a giant lobster at A&P and I have dinner early in the afternoons since I start work at 5pm.)

(but lobster any time of day is great)

Nothing beats spending a rainy afternoon watching old TV episodes and eating one of your favourite foods in the world.

Happy Tuesday!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Suldog said…

    "Nothing beats spending a rainy afternoon watching old TV episodes and eating one of your favourite foods in the world."

    My feelings exactly, except I don't spell favorite with a "u" :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home