Saturday, June 07, 2008

and so it ends

It's 9:30pm on a humid Saturday night and here I sit in my pajamas sipping a beer and whining about my tired feet. Our big event has come to a close and I'm reflecting on the job with mixed emotions. The temperatures here rose into the high 30s (that's into the 100s for my American friends), carrying a humidity that reminded me of summertime in North Carolina. We went through over 1200 bottles of water in the past 4 days - and luckily only had 1 person with heat stroke (a teacher, who was rushed away in an ambulance).

We now have the final reports to write, the packing and boxing of supplies to complete, thank you cards to write, and suggestions for next year's staff - most of which should take until the end of June.

During this time, I'll return to my Mad Scientist persona, will have my orientation with the school board (yay!) and will be praying to find another part-time job to take me into September. I'll have a social life again and will get to tend to my garden (bean plants sprouting, watermelon vines growing, flowers blooming - it's amazing how great it's doing considering my lack of care during the last couple of weeks). Life should be back to normal.

Tomorrow is my first day off of work in over a month. I plan to enjoy every minute of it.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home