Friday, September 26, 2008

The best reaction to the Presidential Debate comes from an unexpected source

It's no secret that I have a strong bias towards Obama, so I won't bother outlining my views of tonight's debate other than to say I found it reinforced all of my prior opinions. It got very tiresome listening to McCain repeat "what Senator Obama obviously doesn't understand is..." rather than actually responding to the questions. His attitude really bothered me, and I thought it was pretty low to resort to that when he was supposed to be discussing how he would run the country. I really did want to hear what McCain had to say because I haven't been able to find much of anything that outlines his stance other than a CNN.com fact checker saying he's voted with 90% of Dubya's brilliant ideas.

It's pretty clear which one of them just doesn't understand.




While it's hard to take a guy who says "the first I'd do (after winning the White House) is check to see if we actually have aliens", Chris Rock is surprisingly well-spoken in this interview.

This was my favourite part:

KING: Didn't you introduce Obama at a rally?

ROCK: I introduced Obama at the Apollo Theater not too long ago. I think Obama would be great. I mean, just look the big thing right now is the economy. And people are going broke. And here: The choice isn't Republican or Democrat. The choice is you got a guy that's worth $150 million with 12 houses against a guy who's worth a million dollars with one house.

KING: Well --

ROCK: The guy with one house really cares about losing a house, because he is homeless. The other guy can lose five houses and still got a bunch of houses. Does this make any sense? Am I the only one that sees this?

KING: It's unique way of ...

ROCK: I'm just saying, John McCain could lose half his houses.

KING: You got a point.

ROCK: And sleep well.

You know, I hope Obama wins just because, you know, the country needs it. The country needs a change. We kind of seen what this whole McCain thing is. And I'll go with the guy with one house. The guy with one house is scared about losing his house.


Awesome.


2 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Jeni said…

    Awesome is so right -most definitely! Have you seen the Palin interview with Katie Couric? If not, go to this blog
    http://leendaluuwitsend.blogspot.com/
    and check out Palin's response to Couric's question about the bail out! Incredible, absolutely incredible! Well, incredible if one is thinking along the lines of "lunatic" perhaps!
    Great post though!

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Thanks Jeni!
    Yep, I saw the "interview". By the end, I was actually feeling a little sorry for her. Normally I wouldn't care about a VP debate, but I'm already rubbing my hands in glee at the idea of seeing her go up against Joe Biden.
    A Georgetown U student actually described the upcoming debate as a bloodbath. Oddly, he meant both sides would be strong. I think everybody who is still nuts enough to support Palin is in for a very rude awakening.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home