Friday, December 30, 2005

Notes from the day before the last day

Wow the end of another year. I don't know why New Year's has always been such a big deal for me. Even as a little kid, I used to love staying up to watch the ball drop with my babysitters while my parents were at parties with their friends. I got to watch Dirty Dancing for the first time (without my parent's permission) one year, played with noisemakers and fireworks, and have had several great parties of my own out at the lake.
I never imagined that I'd be in this city celebrating another New Year's eve, this time with just Jeremy and I - although we do have champagne and sparklers for midnight :)
I guess I'm feeling a little philosophical about things, since this next year is going to be pretty intense. I graduate university - again - and will be back out into the world trying to find a career - again. This is not to be taken as a complaint, because I know that I'm going in the right direction with my life. It's scary though, being out in another new city, without knowing where I'll be celebrating New Year's next year...
It's nice to have Jeremy with me though, and without sounding too sappy, I don't know how I'd be managing this year without his support. Student teachers have to be very careful about not talking about things that they see and hear - it's crazy how quickly stories get around. I'm lucky to be able to come home and vent about things when i need to, and not have to worry about things being repeated.
So on to the last day of 2005 with high hopes for the new year and the new direction that life has taken me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home