Sunday, November 05, 2006

Linkalicious

I've been meaning to mention the links section of my blog for some time now.

Some of the people linked here (most of the Canadian Crew) are people I've known for a fairly long time - close friends, some from the high school days. People who remember me as a fellow musician and student council member (we had three councils in our high school), as well as a talkative teenage girl who loved Tim Horton's coffee and spending time with friends. Some of them are new parents (Kim, Steve, Ledawit, Dave, and Tam), some working hard at school and getting kickass grades, and another enjoying being newly married.

Some of these bloggers don't update very often, and one has decided to leave his blog behind in the face of undefined personal torment, but if you're looking to spend worthwhile time reading, I'd recommend any of them.

These bloggers are all so different.

Stories about saying the wrong thing, cars that have been loved and lost, the things that suck in life, how easy it is to waste a day off from work, nights out, a happy announcement that somebody got engaged, funny stuff outside somebody's door on Halloween night, comments from an undiplomatic dentist, funny videos about radio DJs and a post about free hugs, selling a car (and needing reassurance that it was the right thing to do), seeking truths and happily questioning everything, a very crappy week, the hunt for the perfect wedding dress design, political jokes directed at George Bush, witty stories about life in Chicago, reasons why NaBloPoMo is a silly idea and not at all necessary (for him anyway), voting and letters to God, the agony of watching a child endure chronic pain, weighing breastfeeding pain against breastpumps, and memories of being an awkward kid at a dance full of other awkward kids.

whew! That took a lot more effort than I expected.

Thanks to all of you out there who take the time to share some of yourselves with me and the rest of the world. Keep on writing and I promise I'll keep coming back to read what you've go to say...


...And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd

Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to...
- "breathe", by Anna Nalick

6 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    Wow, that probably took you a huge chunk of time to do... and that's not including how easy it is to get distracted in the process! Thanks for the link Mel, I appreciate it and thanks for the confidence boost with school, it feels good to hear that kinda stuff! :) Thanks!!! I should to the same thing... good idea!

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Nice recognition to all of your blog buddies Mel. Sometimes (hell, ALL the time!) I wish there were more hours in the day so I could enjoy all of the amazing blogs out there. Of course, I make sure yours is one of the top on the priority list!

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Wow, that would have taken a while. But you always put a lot of effort into your blogs which is why I check them all the time!
    BTW.. still waiting for your addy.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    thanks ladies - you make all of my time and effort totally worthwhile :)

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Suldog said…

    Thank you, Melinda. As I hope you know, you're one of my favorites to read - every day, whether NaBloPoMo or not.

     
  • At 1:53 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Thanks Sully - I count yours as one of my faves too :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home