Wednesday, November 01, 2006

NaBloPoMo

Somebody decided to make a contest in which bloggers must write a post every day for the month of November. Hence,

National Blog Posting Month


I am not entering the contest, but am still planning on trying this daily post thing out. Writing a post everyday for an entire month is going to be a challenge, so I've been busy thinking of things to write about rather than the strange people in the Underground, cute things my students said / did, how much I miss Canada, or how lonely will be when Jeremy gets on the plane November 15th.

I'm taking this as a personal challenge to try and improve my writing skills and maybe gain some new readers too (what blogger doesn't want more traffic on their site?)

Last week, I spoke with somebody who said she's going to participate in this as well... Since she hasn't updated her blog in like a month, I'm not sure if she is still planning on trying this out. If anybody else wants to try this (cough, cough, Lyndsay? Sully?), I'll make a link section to list all of the bloggers I know who are participating.

And so begins 30 days of rambling from yours truly about anything and everything. I welcome any suggestions about topics you'd like to hear about or any questions you would like answered (kinda taking a page from MM's book - even though I know I won't get two dozen responses to my post).



Until tomorrow...

5 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Stu said…

    If only I could figure out how to get blogger to publish posts at a set time.

    Great idea, I'm going to try.

    and great blog by the way, sincerely.

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    Hmmmmmm, does it matter how much I write because there is only so much I can say to entertain the world before they all fall asleep from bordom! haha I'll try

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Aww thanks Stu - you always make me smile :)


    And YAY that both of you are going to try this!! I'll set up the links list today.

    cheers

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Suldog said…

    Melinda:

    Well, if you've been over to my place today, you know my answer. Sorry - and no offense, I hope you know! I actually wrote that before reading this. I never would have given you a virtual mooning! Unless you requested one, of course.

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    no worries Sully - it's all good!

    I got a good laugh when I visited your blog today. No offense taken at all :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home