Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Band Geeks Unite!

I know - I've been a terrible blogger lately. Random posts with lots of time in between, and I'm sure the quality isn't the greatest either, given that most of my brain cells have either collapsed in exhaustion or been drowned in a happy sea of rum on the weekends.

To continue with the randomness, here is the result of a quiz I took through Facebook, titled "What Kind of Geek Were You in High School?"

You were a band geek in high school





You were into staying late after school with your other band mates. You were into music and hooking up at random with your friends.


Take this quiz at QuizGalaxy.com



Anybody who knew me in high school will know how true that is...

We all played in bands, our boyfriends were in their own band, we went and listened to bands, the guys played guitars and other instruments at our parties, and many of us met because of a band trip. Totally band geeks.

But wow, did we ever have a great time.

I could tell you some pretty good stories...

3 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Calgary or New York probably had the craziest stories...
    Singing in random hotel lobbies.
    Calgary:
    The liquor barn.
    Losing Nick when he didn't get on the sky train.
    Finding out what nose bleed seats really mean..
    New York:
    Convincing ourselves that we saw a hold up.
    Having dollar bills waved at us while playing Fever.

    What I wouldn't give for another band trip.
    Laura

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Suldog said…

    Well, I think you know I play bass, and I was in a number of very unsuccessful bands. I would have no doubt been very happy to have you hanging with us!

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Laura - I completely agree! Those trips were some of the best times of my life. I'll never forget the anticipation of counting down the days till April or May each year (and singing "New York, New York" thousands of times during grade 11.

    Sully - sometimes the unsuccessful bands are the most fun :)
    And I have no doubt I would have had fun hanging out with you guys either!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home