Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pay it Forward

I had another post planned for today, but something else came up...

This time of year, I wish I had more money - not for gifts or cute outfits to wear at parties, but so I can give back some of the kindness that people have shown me through the year. Usually this comes in the form of donating food or cash to various charities, but this year my bank account is hovering in it's overdraft, making financial donations just not possible.

So, to do my part this year, I'm encouraging everybody who is able to think about all of the people out there who are in need this Christmas and to try and do their part to help make the world a happier place.

If you don't know a charity to donate to, please visit Suldog's blog for an inspiring story about a woman who lost both of her legs and is now fundraising for prosthetic ones - she and many others like her would benefit so much from our help.

If you're in a situation similar to mine and can't afford to send money, maybe consider posting something on your own blog about a worthy charity, or tell the story of a person you know of who needs some help during this holiday season. I really believe that we can make a difference...


Thanks & be back tomorrow with my 2 year Blog-aversary post.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Suldog said…

    M:

    Thank you, very much. You have no idea how much your posting of this has lifted my spirits.

    I have no sure way of knowing what other people may or may not have contributed towards Lina's legs, but since there have been 0 comments on my blog and only one e-mail telling me of a contribution made, I was truly in a funk.

    It appeared to me that none of my readers, save one who e-mailed me, cared a whit about this poor brave woman.

    I understand if funds are tight, as in your case - and perhaps many others. It's a tight-funds time of year for many. However, I didn't understand the lack of passing the word around on a blog. That costs pretty much nothing in monetary terms, really. And for every blog the appeal shows up on, there's the chance that someone with deep pockets and a big heart might read it and give this woman and her family a reason to smile during this holiday season.

    Anyway, you've buoyed my spirits for a while. I truly thank you.

    (Please drop me a line at my e-mail. I'd like to send you one of the CDs I talked about, if you'd like it.)

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Sully - it's the very least I could do. I'm glad that this helped to make you feel better! Even though I'm just passing the word along to other people right now, I can hope that somebody reads her story (or somebody else's) and helps out a little.

    I'll definitely email you about the CD - would love to have one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home