Friday, March 07, 2008

Nick the Great



In a world full of obnoxious teenagers who think they know it all, there's a guy named Nick.

What's special about him? The easy answer would be "everything", but since I'm wordier than that, I'll explain a little bit more...

He actually spends time with this family! Without rolling his eyes at every word or using That Tone (that I fully admit to using when speaking to my parents). Even more amazing he actually seems to LIKE HIS PARENTS. AND HIS FAMILY!!! (Since his parents (and family) are pretty fantastic people, it's easy to understand why - but that's not really the point here)


Nick's one of those guys who's good at pretty much everything - hockey and golf in particular. (Although he definitely has questionable tastes in NHL teams...)

He's also a skilled teeny-plastic-stir-stick swordsman, collecting several trophies and coming in second in the World Championship Teeny-Plastic-Stir-Stick Dueling Competition.


He's not perfect though. Our poor Nick, my soon-to-be cousin (although Jeremy's cousins feel much more like brother and sister) has trouble keeping his holidays straight.


But overall, he's a pretty great person, so we can forgive him for Halloween masks at Christmas time (and for cheering for the Toronto Maple Leafs)...

Nick,

The first time I met you, I thought you seemed so much more grown-up than most kids your age. You were kind to your little sister, friendly with your parents, aunt, uncle, and grandparents, and seemed like a kid with a good head on your shoulders. Everybody said you were just like Jeremy was at your age.

Your ability to stick a spoon to your nose and hold it there whilst acting completely normal at the dinner table pretty much proved that you were as great as everybody says.

I can't wait until the day I can officially call you and your sister my cousins (although I've been telling people you are for several years now). I just wanted to add my name to the list of people who are so proud of you - not just for your accomplishments in hockey and golf, but also of the young man you've become.



Those of you who regularly read my blog have probably guessed that today is Nick's birthday: one year older, one year wiser, and one year more of people being lucky enough to know him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK!!!

Lots of love,
Melinda (and Jeremy too)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Suldog said…

    Hey, Nick! Happy Birthday from the lower 48.

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Nick, Happy birthday. Have a great day, Sure hope you get up to the lake this year.

    Hum, How do I sign????

    Your soon to be cousin's mom.

    Love Bill and Mary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home