Monday, June 12, 2006

What is your happiness today?

It's funny how quickly my moods can change. There were a few not-to-good things about today (emphasized by the Oilers loss to Carolina at the end of the night).

I started my usual round of the blogs I keep up with regularly, then went on another "next blog" journey. I arrived at this site: http://aliedwards.typepad.com/whatisyourhappinesstoday.

It's often really easy for me to rhyme off about the little negative things that happen. For example, I could have had a little rant about tonight's hockey game, something I most likely would have done.

This site that got me thinking about how there are good things about every day too. Dozens and dozens of people took the time to comment about "today's happiness" for them. It got me to thinking about what I would say today's happiness was...


Tonight I watched the sold-out crowd at Rexall Place in Edmonton sing the Canadian national anthem at the top of their lungs. The anthem singer sang through the first four lines, then smiled proudly, held up his microphone and just let them sing.

The first time I saw this, I literally got tears in my eyes. Today, I got goosebumps. Nothing I've ever seen combines love of both sport and country quite like this.

I should add that this crowd chanted "Go Oilers Go" over and over as their team went down 3-1 in the series. These players skated off to this sound. This show of support was just amazing, and I couldn't help but think that they deserve to win the Cup just for their fans.


Other happy things for today were a long phone call with one of my best friends, yummy chilli for supper, finishing up a really good book, and realizing the Jeremy and I are starting to act like an old married couple.

Feel free to comment here - I won't be offended if you go to the original one though - it's a great idea for a blog and will brighten up your day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home