Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The funny things in life


London can be pretty entertaining...

I still can't believe this newpaper - it's a REAL paper and a REAL front page. Apparently it's okay for London newspapers to publish swear words or pictures of topless women (in daily newspapers - and for no particular reason at all.).

(no, I don't have pictures of topless women - it's not that kind of blog)

Here is another shot of the front page. Yep - the only words were "bitch, bitching, bitched". heehee



7am this morning, I was making my way to work and noticed a herd of horses stopped at a red light with a double decker bus waiting behind them. I really wish I'd had my good camera for that one...


Next we move on to the people who have way too much time on their hands.

See the squirrel?

I thought he was pretty cute when I took his picture.

Then I saw this sign on a tree in Kensington Gardens:

Wonder if I should email them the picture so they know he's okay.



This last picture isn't funny, but I really like it and since the readers of my blog are used to the randomness of my posts (and things not always making sense), I'm putting it in.


I'm glad that I used my mobile to take this picture - the blurriness around the sunlight really makes it interesting to look at. Just part of the schoolyard covered in frost on a sunny morning - I love how something so simple can be so beautiful.


Come by tomorrow and hear all about the 6 inches of SNOW that we're supposed to get in the morning! I'm sure I'll have wonderful stories to tell about trying to get to work (since the last time we got the massive 1 inch of snowfall half of the city's transportation shut down).

Until then...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Suldog said…

    The last picture looks like what I imagine people see when they say they've had a near-death experience. Very pretty.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home