Sunday, March 09, 2008

Rockin' Girl Blogger

I've been reading her blog for a very long time.

Crystal, from Boobs, Injuries, & Dr. Pepper, has a writing style that makes you think she's talking (or writing I guess) directly to you. I've had to clean up several drinks that were spit out or knocked over due to excessive laughter as a direct result of just how funny she is. Jeremy's heard "Hey Honey! Listen to this!!" amidst belly laughter and giggles so many times that he now recognizes her writing without having ever visited her website.

I love her parenting style and hope that when I have kids I'm half as good at being a mom as she is - from her stories they seem quick-witted, creative, and intelligent people. You don't grow up to be a person like that by accident...

Underneath this hilarity and wit though, lies a much different undertone. Her story is not my story to tell, but I will say that she's been through WAY worse shit that anybody I know ever has.

Instead of hiding from it though, she shares it all with the world. Honest, open words, often self-deprecating, but always real.

I admire her not just for her amazing blogging ability, but also for her incredible bravery in sharing things that most people lock up and never, ever discuss.

Visit her blog and you'll find out why I'm passing the "Rockin' Girl Blogger Award" to her.


3 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Suldog said…

    Amazing stuff she's writing now. I asked both Magazine Man and David at Authorblog to check her out. I think she deserves to be published and paid major league bucks. I'm hoping maybe one of those gentlemen might think so also and point her in the right direction.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Well done Sully - I wish I'd thought of that... She totally deserves it.

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Crystal said…

    That is so incredibly thoughtful of both of you. You make me warm and gooey and I love you both for it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home