Friday, May 19, 2006

A camp weekend... in Windsor?!

This is not a rant, I promise.

This weekend is the official opening weekend of cottage season, a time when friends get together outside with beer and BBQ and look forward to the coming summer.

Unfortunately for Jeremy and I - even though we actually have a cottage to visit - my parents are out of town and my camp is 8 hours away. So we are stuck here in Windsor! On a brighter note, I know that the days of dock-sitting and campfires aren't that far away.

It's our friend Dylan's birthday tomorrow and we've been trying to decide about going to London for his party. These parties are always fun, but I'm usually ready for bed halfway through them. When we lived in London, I used to fall asleep all the time when Dylan was over - he and jeremy would be up all hours of the night and I'd just "close my eyes for a minute". zzzzzzzzz

Still partying in London will likely be more fun than hanging around this apartment, taking the odd walk around the city, and starting to stress out over how much there is to do. I tried forcing myself to relax this week. I guess it worked, except that after 8 months of constant action, I now feel a little guilty for spending the day with a book.

Tomorrow is supposed to be warm (around 20 degrees) and sunny, so if we don't go to London, I'm thinking it could still be an outdoors day. We've been putting off going to Pelee Island and since it's not too pricey, this might be another good thing to do... Or maybe I'll dust off the rollerblades and try not to fall on my ass down by the river. Or maybe I'll pack up the car and bring a good book to our favourite riverside park.

It's funny how none of those things are as appealing as sitting around a campfire... must be something in the air today.
Down by the bay
where the watermelons grow
back to my home
i dare not go
for if i do
my mother will say
"did you ever see a goose chasing a moose"
down by the bay


hmmm maybe I can do without the campfire songs.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    no, you need the songs to make it a TRUE campfire and it helps if someone can actually play guitar and sing, lol! All those other things you suggested sounds really nice too, I should check out windsor soemtime, it sure looks beuatiful from the pictures you've posted! Have a great weekend you two! byebye

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    wow, can you tell it's friday? I type like a drunken 5 year old, yikes! p.s. don't ask how I know what that looks like, I don't wanna talk about it ;) haha im kidding, im kidding.. oh wow, I need to go, lol

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    lol oh wow - it's definitely friday ;P
    no worries about the comments though - don't mind getting attacked by the odd verbal tornado ;)

    have a great weekend :)

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger London Postmaster said…

    "...Have you ever seen a bear, wear clean underwear..."

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    If you go rollerblading, I hear that there's a guy who "LIVES IN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER!"

    ;)

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    YAY Steve - I was hoping somebody would do a verse of this song! Doesn't it just give flashbacks to childhood?!

    looks like I'll definitely be looking for the man in the van down by the river this weekend ;)

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger London Postmaster said…

    Wow... I just came across your blog via the "Next Blog" from some other random blog... wierd!
    ... blog, blog blog blog... blog

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    oh cool!
    I've been doing the "next blog" thing for ages, but haven't bumped into any of the ones written by people I know. Seen a lot of the same ones over again though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home