Wednesday, November 29, 2006

why does this stuff keep happening?

I really won't be making a long post today.

Jeremy got the news we did not want to hear. They denied his visa application, stating that he couldn't provide adequate proof that he has a place to live (with me) and that I'll support him financially as he searches for a job.

Interesting that they said that SINCE THEY NEVER CALLED ME.

So now it's a flurry of phone calls from all of us as we try to figure out the appeal process and see if there is anything else we can do.

He might have to come back here and apply from France. Which means we'll be spending Christmas in Paris. I would obviously love that, but this is not a likely option.

I can't write anymore right now.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    That absolutely sucks Mel!!!
    I can't believe it! I don't even know what to say.
    I hope you find a way to get him there quickly.
    Hopefully looking forward to Christmas in Paris will be the worst case scenario... which really wouldn't be the end of the world but just another unexpected (and fun) life experience... and would make me totally jealous.

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    Im sorry about the cruddy news Mel, I really hope this gets worked out for you asap. Whatever does happen, though, know that you're strong enough to do things on your own, even though it's not as much fun, obviously. Just be tough, and be persistant with your calls and hopefully soon you'll get the best christmas wish ever!

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Thanks Laura and Lyndsay - it looks like he'll almost definitely be here for Christmas because his parents don't want me to be alone here so he'll still be back on the 20th. While this is good, we now need to reevaluate our entire plan and I might have to start looking for work in Canada a little sooner than expected.

    I guess I'm just tired of things not working out for us. Sorry to whine but that's how I feel...

    You both are really helping just by being there. Thanks so much for that.

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Suldog said…

    Sorry to hear that news, M.

    *cyberhug*

    I am amazed that nobody even talked to you, yet they denied him. What information could they possibly have been working with in order to come to their subjective conclusion?

    Keep your chin up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home