Wednesday, November 22, 2006

the Power of Positive Thinking?

Today was not the Worst Day Ever.

I didn't wake up later than normal and have a hard time getting out of bed because I was still really sleepy.

I didn't feel like that annoying cold I've got is succeeding in making me feel worse (despite taking vitamins and eating healthy every day).

I didn't leave 5 minutes later than normal.

While riding the train today, there was no announcement that the Victoria Line (which I'm learning to really love a lot) was having "signal failures" for the 3rd day in a row, making me have to jump trains at King's Cross, take another train, then hop 2 buses.

The buses were on time. I didn't stand with 20 other people for 24 minutes in the damp, cold street.

The second bus I take did not take 15 minutes longer than usual to arrive at the station, and it didn't stop at every single stop on the road.

There was no construction on the road we needed to go down.

I didn't arrive a half hour late to school this morning, and the Head Teacher didn't have to watch my class while they waited.

Our classroom wasn't under construction (getting new lights), so we didn't have to go and work in the library all day.

The library was all set up for our class, with tables and chairs, so we didn't have to spend almost 30 minutes getting things arranged so they could get work done.

My children were well-behaved and patient through all of these unusual changes to their routine, and I didn't have to get cross with them because they were being naughty.

I didn't miss two phone calls from Lloyd's Bank regarding a screw-up with my bank account.

I didn't have to call an irate parent who did NOT like what I had to say about her child's progress (or lack thereof), and she didn't tell me that she wished the regular teacher was still around. She also didn't complain about my lack of communication with her regarding her child's misbehaviours, nor expect daily calls if he gets too far out of line.

I also got all of my plans sorted for tomorrow because the staff meeting didn't run long.

The trains weren't running on delays and were not packed like sardines on the way home.

I'm not going to cry or throw a tantrum.

I will not drink a couple of strong vodka & OJs and lie in bed watching episodes of Friends streamed from a Japanese website (with Japanese subtitles) to cheer myself up.


I will have a good night and tomorrow will be a GREAT DAY.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, now is the time to write your own book on the hummmmm
    HORRORS OF THE TUBE
    TUBE TRAVEL...YUCK
    GET ME TO THE SCHOOL ON TIME
    LEAVE MY ROUTINE ALONE
    Are you inspired yet??? Now your in school problems are just the first of many construction zones, irrate parents and misbehaving children. YOu are absolutely right that humour is the only way to survive. Have a drink on me. Love always and God bless. MOM

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    Oh boy oh boy, I DO envy the day you DIDN'T have?? Am I doing this right? Oh Mel... I hope that tomorrow really IS a great day and that you feel 100% better and that they fix whatever trouble they've been having on that train lately... I had a shitty (excuse me, poopy) day today also, but I should not complain, it was nowhere as "Good" as yours. Have yet ANOTHER drink for ME TOO! :P

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Omigod you poor, poor girl! I don't even know what to say in response to that. I just hope I read about your GREAT DAY today!

    Chin up chicky! :)

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    Mel, you gotta watch this, trust me - you'll love it!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw53fEECyTI&mode=related&search=

    it's friends outtakes! loveit! Yaya!!!

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    ooh Mom - good titles!

    Thanks for the comments Lyndsay - I'll definitely check out the Friends outtakes :)

    Kim - I'm doing my best to look at it as "so bad it's funny"

    Could that day BE any worse?! (in Chandler voice)

    heehee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home