Wednesday, November 15, 2006

blasphemy

Fergie, of the Black Eyed Peas, says that anyone who insults her voice insults God. “I may not have the type of voice you like, but I can sing,” the white hip-hopper told Vibe. “You can’t take that away from me, ‘cause singing is a gift from God, and when people say I can’t sing, it’s kind of like insulting God.”


Oh.My.God. Honestly I think there is something very wrong with her. I've already ranted about the frighteningly bad latest songs she has inflicted upon the world, but that comment just killed me. How is it possible that somebody that daft is making millions of dollars??? I just don't get it.

Today Eve and I went down to the Earl's Court Exhibition Center where the World Music Awards was playing. We thought it would be fun to try and catch some celebs on the red carpet. Of course, I'm a total shrimp so that plan didn't work out so well. I think I caught the side of Lindsay Lohan's head, but other than that I really didn't get anything noteworthy. We were much too far away to see anything good, except the dozens of crazed Michael Jackson fans shouting his name even though he wasn't there.

SO annoying - his hotel is two blocks away and poor Eve has to sleep with her window closed because of the crowd of morons shouting for the "King of Pop" at all hours of the night. And here is the one benefit of a basement flat - I can't hear them at all.


By the way - Jeremy made it home safe and sound, which is a relief. I'm already counting the days until he gets back. Time to go and have a glass of wine before bed...

Until tomorrow...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    Sounds like a fun way to get your mind off things, that's for sure - the wine was an excellent Idea too! :) Sorry I didn't comment earlier, I thought I had! oops :P

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    aww Lyndsay - you honestly are such a great blog buddy! I can always count on your comments (which definitely make me feel great).

    i'm working on some other ways to get my mind off things too - don't want to always be drinking bottles of wine ;)

     
  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    heehee NotCarrie - sorry about that - I promise to never write about her again.

    Okay, well I'll try not to anyway... she's really fun to make fun of ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home