Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Go ahead - call me a hater

I have to weigh in on this since, well, I admit it...

I can't stand Britney Spears.

She has always irritated the hell out of me - one of those pretty pop starlets who is only famous because she's hot. Sorry to the fans out there, but I've heard clips of her singing live. Not that talented. A good dancer, yes. A good performer? Sure. But as a singer, I just don't get it.

When she married K-Fed, I thought it was hilarious because she immediately turned into this cheeto-eating trailer trash chick. The media made fun of her at every opportunity and nobody was taking her seriously.

I find it really funny that the instant she announces this divorce that her name is back in the good books, coincidentally along with the newly back-in-shape figure that you can't help but see. How many women go skating in an extremely low-cut sweater, then out in a skimpy dress the night they file for divorce?

Clearly it's either a publicity stunt or she never really gave a damn about her marriage in the first place. Nobody's that cold. (I hope not anyway)

As much as people poked fun at them, at least she stuck by her man. I honestly thought that she was in the right and respected her more for not caring what people thought of their relationship.
Now we know that wasn't true either, since this break-up is clearly being played out for all of us to see.

Most celebrity break-ups take awhile for definite confirmation. This one came out of the blue - and since she evidently broke it off by text message while he was at a MuchMusic interview it was impossible for people not to find out. Or talk about it. Ya THAT sure wasn't meant to be a publicity stunt at all... It reminds me of the episode of Sex and the City when Carrie gets dumped by a post-it note. Same kind of callous, high school drama-queen behaviour. This poor (sad) dude is a real guy and while he definitely cannot rap (and should never ever try), he is the punchline of every joke now. I can't help but feel sorry for him.

So while the world rejoices that cute little Britney is free again, I roll my eyes and prepare for the onslaught of TV, magazine, radio, and newspaper interviews (in skimpy outfits) as she talks about the "hardship" of being alone and having her marriage not work out.

Wonder when her next album's coming out. I'd be willing to bet any time in the next month or two - after she's milked this "sad experience" for everything it's worth.


I can't believe I actually just spent this much time writing about this.

I'll be back tomorrow with something better.

Like what I found in my pockets after school today.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    I would have to agree with you. Britney is trashy and it only intensified when she hooked up with dinkus k-fed. I have always liked her for HER, but I don't think she's a good singer. Now, Christina Aguilera (I am not a big "fan" of her either) SHE can sing, even if she is/was a whore. Anywho, just though I would agree with you on what your sayin because I know it's true. I hope for her KIDS sake that it wasn't all for show (the love & marriage thing) because that's just wrong if it was. I have already forgot what I wrote and I refuse to look back and check. I really am curious to find out what was in your pocket by the way :P haha

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    By the way, I didn't mean I was a big fan of Britney... I just don't HATE her but I do think she's pure trailor.

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Rob said…

    mmmmmm.....Britney.... :-)

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    I don't hate her either - that's too strong of a word. She just bugs the hell out of me and I'd much rather if she went back to where she came from. Or the trailer.


    to Rob: smartass ;)

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Suldog said…

    Ooooh, a cliffhanger ending! Can't wait to find out what was in the pockets.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    As sad as this is and as much as I'm not really a Britney fan per se. I have to say when I found out I wanted to know all about it. I'm going to have to go cold turkey on the trash mags... but they're so funny... I just can't stop myself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home