Monday, February 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Even though my father is not really into the internet, I'd like to write about him here anyway (and hopefully my mother will show him how to find my blog... And get onto the internet... And turn the computer on...)


Dear Dad,

For your birthday, I made a few wishes...

May you have many happy moments with family,



May your choices in music never go out of style,


May there always be a cold beer in your fridge,



... and some single malt scotch in the cupboard.


May you always have room for the last piece of Mary's lemon cake,

after a delicious dinner of lobster & steak.



May you have hundreds of summertime boat rides (hopefully with me too!)


May you have lots of things to keep you from getting bored as you enjoy your retirement.


May your hockey teams win (although some have a better chance than others...)



May you take trips to wherever in the world you would like to go (the streets of London await you),


and may your birthday be as fabulous as you are!!


Thanks for everything you've done for me - you've been a wonderful father and great influence in my life. It's really nice to know that no matter where I am or how old I get, you'll always see me as your little girl.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Sending you lots of love from across the ocean... Miss you lots & can't wait to see you soon!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for these great birthday thoughts. See you soon. Love Dad

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for these great birthday thoughts. I like the beer and scotch ideas. See you soon. Love DAD

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Suldog said…

    That's lovely and sweet. Well done!

    (But... He's a RANGERS fan?!?)

    Well, Happy Birthday, anyway, Dad!

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    heehee - I totally agree about the Rangers - but then again, I'm a Colorado fan, so there isn't much I can say ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home