Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The countdown continues

mmmm... it's almost suppertime (or "tea time" as the Brits call it), so it seems fitting that I write about:

28 Things I Love to Eat

Once again, these are in no particular order.

1. Dill pickles

2. Jalapeno Cheddar Doritos

3. Topper's Pizza (from Sudbury, Ontario), with pepperoni, mushrooms, green olives, and green peppers (and sometimes bacon)

4. Green olives, red peppers, cheddar cheese, and salad dressing

5. Lobster

6. BBQ ribs (especially my dad's)

7. Steak (any thick steak will do)

8. Cheese Capelletti from either East Side Marios or Pat & Marios

9. Club sandwich

10. Buffalo wings (especially with Frank's Red Hot Sauce)

11. French fries

12. Peanut M&Ms

13. Homemade chili

14. Blueberry coffee cake (my mom's is to die for)

15. My mom's baking - Christmas cookies, regular cookies, cakes, etc. (it's ALL good)

16. BLT sandwiches

17. London, UK kebabs (these kebab shops are open all hours of the night and with the exception of one have produced some pretty delicious food)

18. Perogies with cheese, bacon, and sour cream

19. Lasagna

20. BBQ baked potatoes with onion and garlic

21. Shrimp, mussels, and other seafood in garlic sauce

22. Fettucine alfredo

23. Garden salads from East Side Marios (and other places too - theirs is the best though)

24. Southern fried chicken

25. oranges, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries

26. Chocolate or berry cheesecake

27. Ice Cream (especially Mint Chip, Cherry Garcia, and that rasperry-chocolate kind from the London Ice Cream Factory)

28. Spinach dip and pumpernickle bread (Ledawit's is the winner here for sure)



This was harder than I expected it to be, considering how much I enjoy food. I'm sure I could change this list a dozen times, but I think I'll leave what's up there, even though rereading this list makes me seem like the world's most unhealthy person. Keep in mind that these foods are not a regular diet - just things I enjoy the most.

What are your favourites?

5 Comments:

  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    #27, #18, and #7

    I can't believe how much we share the same taste in food. Well, if we share a brain cell it only makes sense I guess...

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    Mel, I wanted to wish you an early Happy birthday just so I wouldn't forget later on. I have been really busy these past few weeks but I wanted to stop by and send you my best wishes! I know your birthday because Dan said it was the day after his, and since Dan's is tomorrow, yours is on THURSDAY! hehe, and Also, mine is on the 16th of MAY.. so together, the 3 of us strangely make a run of 3 days in a row! :P Anywho, hope you had a great year, and that this next one is even better! Take Care! :D

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    okay, it's 11:40pm Wednesday night, this is as close as I can get before I go to bed... so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :P

     
  • At 2:33 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    aww Thanks Lyndsay!! I really appreciate it! Please tell Dan I hope he had a great birthday too. Mine will be full of hyper children, the usual school day (although I really like Thursdays) and then Parent's Night. Cross your fingers for me - my first meeting is with two seperating parents who hate each other. lol

    :)


    Kim - there's nobody I'd rather share my brain cell with.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy belated Birthday Melinda!!!Hope you were able to enjoy some of your favourite foods on your special day- I don't get to read your blog very often but I hope you're enjoying your time in London.
    I'm very jealous- What an amazing experience this must be for you!
    Looking forward to seeing you when you get back home !!
    Take good care of yourself!
    Hope you had a GREAT birthday!!!!

    Best Wishes always,
    Kim's Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home