Wednesday, February 21, 2007

hmmmm



Well... as a hockey nut (and critic of Britney - not because of recent events, but instead her lack of actual singing talent), I really don't know what the heck I think about this.

If you read the entire article, it goes on to mention that if she accepts their invitation to come to Syracuse and watch hockey, the front staff of the arena will all shave their heads.

Kind offer to a sad young woman? Or funny publicity stunt?

You decide.

(And while you're deciding, here's a nice mental picture: Britney's newly shaved head covered with a big toque as she makes her way through 10 foot high snowbanks to a hockey arena where a group of excited bald-headed fans try to get her autograph, while saying "we're so sorry you're going through this difficult time and here's a free beer and some popcorn from the treat counter".)

(Damn, these parentheses are addictive)

(If she actually goes to the snow-covered northern NY city to watch HOCKEY, I might have to reconsider my dislike of her. Especially if they can get her to sing "The Good Ol' Hockey Game". HA. I would totally make that my ringtone.)

3 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Suldog said…

    I love the opportunistic nature of minor-league sports promotion.

    (By the way, you're outdistancing even me with this spate of parentheses usage, young lady. If that's your intent, well, just remember that you can be the Queen but I'll always be the King.)

    (Unless you want to buy the crown. Money before glory, I always say.)

    (Speaking of which, wellllll, actually this has nothing to do with either of those things. I just needed another excuse to dump stuff inside of parentheses.)

    (Take care.)

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    Not that I think this reflects you truly... but that was, by far, the ditziest (spelling?) thing I have ever "heard" you say! It is now also one of my favourite things you've said, and I believe that this has brought us closer together for "I" would totally say that in the most sarcastic, and ridiculous of ways... yay!!! (Im refering to the ring tone, in case you were wondering, lol)
    *Ring* *Ring* ;)

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    loved it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home