Wednesday, June 14, 2006

a post without a title

okay well i guess that's the title
If you are interested in reading a post with no point, feel free to continue...

I volunteered with my grade 1 /2 class today. 25 adorable children who brighten my world every time I see them. When I walked into the room, all of them jumped and shouted my name, making their teacher laugh about "Miss P the celebrity". In that moment, I felt like a million bucks. This group of kids still treats me like their teacher, they tell me stories about their lives all the time (which are often very entertaining), and try to do their best in school. So much for people saying that teaching has no real rewards...

I got to lead them through their gym warm-up and help with an art project during the afternoon. It's so nice being in the classroom again. Here are a few pics from gym class - I'm hoping to get a bunch more of the kids when we do the end of the year picnic in a couple of weeks. (I should note that I'm still learning how to get action shots, so a lot of their motion just caused blurs in the pictures - these ones still looked kinda cool though)






the second thing that made today a happy one can be summed up very simply for anybody who knows or cares just a bit about Canadian hockey: Edmonton WINS game 5 on a short-handed breakaway goal in overtime!!!!!!!! (To those who don't follow hockey, if they lost this game, they lose the series)


As a lifelong fan of this sport, I love it when the season lasts as long as possible, so this win means I'll at least get to see one more game. Only two teams in the history of the NHL have come back from being down 3-1 in a playoff series, but if anybody can do it, it's the Oilers.

After all the hockey excitement, I was happy to watch a couple of my all-time favourite episodes of Friends (that just happened to be on TV). I guess having no job right now isn't so bad after all...

g'night

1 Comments:

  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Yay for the OILERS on that game of course!

    The kids in the class look absolutely cute Miss P. Although, it looked like there were a few little cheaters lining up at the start line hmmm? ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home