Monday, June 26, 2006

Smelly Melly

I wasn't planning on writing about our trip until later on today, but I must comment on how much worse everything smells the morning after getting back from a camping trip. Our sheets, clothes, pillows, even the cooler bag - everything smells pretty nasty. Having gone camping before, we expected this to happen, but it always seems much worse the next day.

When you're camping, you KNOW you smell, but it doesn't matter and you don't care. The only time in the 3 days we were gone that I did care was at the winery - thankfully we had "good" clothes (jeans & t-shirts) in the car so they would not be infused with this lovely smokey perfume.

I was hoping that this odour was limited to only our stuff and that while we were on the ferry last night that we didn't smell like this...

yep wishful thinking, I know :)

6 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    P.U! I can smell ya from here! sheesh! ;) hehe I love that smell! It smells like hotdogs and burnt wood, they should bottle it and sell it for people who don't get to camp much! ;) haha

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    LOL nice!!! that reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Kramer wants to make a cologne that smells like the ocean...
    I usually love the smell of campfires and cooking food but it definitely isn't that nice in the apartment ;)

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    I don't mind the smell of campfire it's the smell of having everything soggy. I can't stand that.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Now that you've done #5 on the list we've got to plan #4.

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    We definitely need to get that planned! I'd love to have a day in the spa for sure - although the one you described in your blog sounded like it might be a little pricey ;)

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Also pretty far away. It's in Grafton.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home