Monday, June 19, 2006

oh the frustration

So for my 99th post I had this great idea. I was going to post 99 pictures that reflect my life. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that blogger likes this much, since somewhere around my 60th picture things went all wonky. I played with it for two days but things still didn't work out...

Since I do happen to have some great new pics courtesy of my new camera, I'll post some of them now...





























































----

Speaking of frustration...
I must add a quick note about the amazing hockey that has been happening during this year's Stanley Cup Finals. Both teams were well-deserving of willing it all. It was easier to say that when I thought Edmonton might win...
Carolina just scored an empty net goal, meaning they win, which I have mixed feelings about. This team is excellent and I have a lot of respect for THEM. I hate their announcers, their cheerleaders (yes cheerleaders in the NHL - ugh), their anthem singer (who also happens to be a cheerleader who can't freakin sing), and the fact that people barely went to their games until they were about to win the cup. AND they're not Canadian of course! It would be a lot better in my opinion if this team played in a different place.
Ah well - maybe them winning the Cup will generate some real enthusiasm for our sport...
i'm still annoyed though

My last hockey game for awhile... it's too bad that Cinderella stories don't work out in the NHL.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Great pictures Mel. Seeing the kitty pics makes me miss my cats.

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger Tam's thoughts said…

    I don't know much about hockey but if your all for the Canadian team than why isn't it that a canadian team have all canadian players? Also I thought Carolina had more canadian players than Edmonton did? Was I informed wrong? In the end they both played amazing team. Like my uncle says" Theres always next year.

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    ahh yes "there's always next year" is the favourite saying of Leaf's fans too! They've been saying it for 39 years...

    In response to your question - The Oilers actually have 16 Canadians while they Hurricanes have 11 Canadians.

    If there were only Canadians allowed to play on Canadian teams - we'd have about 15 more hockey teams in this country and the NHL would miss out on all of the money south of the border.

    you're right about the great series though - it almost made the lockout worthwhile... almost.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home