Wednesday, July 05, 2006

America's got talent???

I was planning on writing about our trip to the lake. Then I found something on TV that I just had to share. For those of you who haven't seen this show yet, just imagine:

Regis Philbin (the host)
Judges - typical American Idol judges... except one of them is David Hasselhoff (complete with leather jacket)

So far the "talent" has included
* an 11 year old singer / yodeler (ya she was amazing, which I still can't believe)
* a guy who fit himself inside a giant pink balloon
* a 70 year old bird caller
* a dude who tossed a flaming bowling ball from his feet onto the side of his head
* a guy dressed as tarzan doing a sexy dance with a BLOWUP DOLL also dressed like Tarzan. (The blowup doll was a man too, btw)
* a couple with an incredible magic act that nobody could figure out
* a group of very big men who apparently dance at Chicago Bulls games (one of them was in a kilt and most of them were topless)

It got me wondering about wierd things that people do and whether or not I've ever seen or heard of anybody stranger than who I will always think of as the Tarzan dude.

I haven't come up with anything so far, so I'm looking to hear from anybody who has. Maybe it'll help to erase the image of loincloth from my mind.


ps. The weekend was great - I'll write about it later :)

3 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Stu said…

    Hi,

    Sorry to do this in comments, but your email address doesn't seem to be listed.

    Chuck (from MagMan comments) had the idea of putting together donations to the ASPCA in honor of Blaze's safe return. He's asked me to be the point person for collecting donations (so they all get put together and given as one big gift)... If you're into it, send me mail: stumark@verizon.net

    Thanks,

    Stu

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    To those who don't know what the previous comment is about, please refer to the incredible story about MM and his dog Blaze. I had no idea that somebody could be such a hero!

    http://masthead.blogspot.com/

    Close your eyes and scroll down very quickly so you can read the story in chronological order. (Thanks to Dave for having links to this blog)

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    BTW - like the new blog title and the pic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home