Thursday, March 23, 2006

What are you talking about?! I'm not hungover!

So last night was fun - a good time was had by all, and I woke up this morning for my class at 10am to conflicting reports about whether or not we actually HAVE class - apparently it may have been canceled. Good enough for me - I can definitely sleep for another hour :)

I'd love to know what possesses a group of intelligent, hardworking, academic grown ups (can I call myself that now that I'm going to be a teacher?) to go into a bar, consume a LOT of 2$ drinks, then make up a cheer - yes, a cheer - to emphasize to everybody in the bar just how cool they are.

"Section 4..."

"ROCKS"

hmm - not the most advanced set of lyrics i've ever heard, but at the time everybody thought they were terribly clever. So we finished drinking the 2$ drinks and walked 7 blocks to another bar, where we tried out the cheer again. The bar was not very full and the music not very loud, so i'm sure the few people who were in there were very impressed by our energy and spirit... ya.

When the announced we were heading to bar #3, a few realizations popped into my brain
1. I was most definitely drunk enough and tired enough to call it a night
2. I was very very hungry (mmmm pizza? or maybe chinese food)
3. If we went into yet another bar - this one that for sure would be busy - I would have to participate in the section 4 cheer again.
4. that cheer is great fun - hey! we can just say it on the way home
5. If i'm drunk enough to believe that THAT would be cooler than shouting it out in a noisy bar - it's definitely time to go home...

so we did - had some chinesse food (super good, and lots of leftovers) and finally crawled into bed around 2am. I now need to shower and get to class - in 40 minutes

3 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    Glad you were able to go out and have fun to celebrate, you'll definately remember this night for many years to come I'm sure, you should get some pictures, drunken ones are the best! lol
    Lynds

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Hah-hah (in Nelson's voice). Someone's feelin' the burn today I'm sure! Sounds like a good time, although I have to admit that with the 'clever' cheer you were all able to come up with I'm a little concerned for the academic future of my little Gordie... ;)

    Mmmmmm, chinese food...

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    No worries Kim - I didn't make up the cheer, just joined in ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home