What are you talking about?! I'm not hungover!
I'd love to know what possesses a group of intelligent, hardworking, academic grown ups (can I call myself that now that I'm going to be a teacher?) to go into a bar, consume a LOT of 2$ drinks, then make up a cheer - yes, a cheer - to emphasize to everybody in the bar just how cool they are.
hmm - not the most advanced set of lyrics i've ever heard, but at the time everybody thought they were terribly clever. So we finished drinking the 2$ drinks and walked 7 blocks to another bar, where we tried out the cheer again. The bar was not very full and the music not very loud, so i'm sure the few people who were in there were very impressed by our energy and spirit... ya.
When the announced we were heading to bar #3, a few realizations popped into my brain
1. I was most definitely drunk enough and tired enough to call it a night
2. I was very very hungry (mmmm pizza? or maybe chinese food)
3. If we went into yet another bar - this one that for sure would be busy - I would have to participate in the section 4 cheer again.
4. that cheer is great fun - hey! we can just say it on the way home
5. If i'm drunk enough to believe that THAT would be cooler than shouting it out in a noisy bar - it's definitely time to go home...
so we did - had some chinesse food (super good, and lots of leftovers) and finally crawled into bed around 2am. I now need to shower and get to class - in 40 minutes