Saturday, April 22, 2006

a walk in the park




Today Jeremy and I went for another long walk in our favourite park along the waterfront. There are several little parks around the city that are closer, but this one is just gorgeous.




This week the leaves on the trees started to open. It happened so suddenly - I was taken by surprise by the bright green colours on the way to school - and all week the city has just gotten greener. Tulips and daffodils are everywhere, and the grass is incredibly green already (probably due to the lack of really cold weather this winter).

Anyway, not a lot to say about today, I just wanted to post up the pictures taken from our walk. This is the best part about Windsor in my opinion, and I intend on spending as much time there as possible until we move.

Hope everybody else had a great day too and got to enjoy the warm weather.


4 Comments:

  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    The weather up here wasn't so nice. It was kind of cold and drizzly. But it was the perfect day to stay in and watch a movie and cuddle... I'm such a suck.
    :)

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    Wow... I am blown away at the beautiful pictures you have taken, they're gorgeous! The one of the "Apple Blossom" tree (is that right??) is just beautiful, do you mind if I steal it from ya!? Keep up with those pics, they're just fantastic!

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Thanks Lyndsay! The pictures are actually of Magnolia trees - a certain species of them that I've only seen in Southern Ontario so far.
    You're more than welcome to take the pics though - I've got tons!
    :)

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    I love the magnolia pics. I'm hoping that one day I'll have one to call my own. ;)

    Looks like you had a great walk. And congrats on being done school and becoming a REAL teacher. I'm very proud of you and hope that you have a wonderful career ahead of you. Maybe if we're lucky you'll come back to London to teach little Gordie. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home