Friday, April 07, 2006

Oh Nostalgia




It has been over 6 months since my last trip home... feeling like a little reminiscing right now, so I thought I'd put up some of the pictures taken in the last year at the lake.

Can't wait for the year to be over so we can spend some time up there again.



One of my favourite places in the world for sure - the campfires, the lake, the fresh air - so peaceful and relaxing!









last summer, Jeremy and my dad decided to build a porch swing for my mom. Took a couple of hours and a half of a bottle of rum, but it turned out great.





Canada day 2005 - I was feeling kinda sad because I used to spend this day with the old gang from high school (most of whom have scattered for good now), but I definitely enjoyed this new tradition. Nick, Michaela, Rob, and Jeremy playing with sparklers on the dock. We got to watch our neighbours almost burn their dock down during their crazy fireworks show, and then a competition between three groups of people to see who could have the best fireworks display on the lake. A total blast, except for the mosquitos ;)





I'm not crazy about fall or winter, but both seasons definitely produce some gorgeous scenery in Northern Ontario.





More happy memories have happened at the lake than any other place I've been.

I guess no matter where I live - this will always be "home".

1 Comments:

  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    Those are some really great pics you got there! Your camp sounds like a great place to be; Dan still often talks about it and how great your camp was. I hope I can afford to have a beautiful camp for myself when I am older, I just love it out there.. at camp that is :P You should frame the picture you took of the flower... tres cool!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home