Friday, July 07, 2006

Honest, I'm Really Excited About Moving to England! Except...

"Hey! Do you realize that this is the last time I have to drive down this stupid highway and fight through traffic from Barrie to Toronto?!"

"This is the last time we have to buy a ... (insert any kitchen or bathroom item here)!"

"I can't believe this is the last time I'll hear the Hockey Night In Canada theme song for two whole years!"


Say it with me folks: ugh

The only problem with planning a move to another country so far in advance is the series of "lasts" that you don't even think of until they're happening. Unfortunately for the people around me, I tend to blurt out pretty much everything going through my mind, so there could be a lot more of these "Hey do you realize...?" comments.

I'll try to keep it under control though.


The Loooong Goodbye
The other problem with moving thousands of kilometers away from home are the many goodbyes that will happen - starting next week. I'm glad to have people to say goodbye to, but something tells me this is going to wear me right out - I'm a little emotional sometimes and am sure to wipe away lots of tears in the next little while.

It's possible that after 6 weeks of saying goodbye to people, I'll be so ready to get on the plane that I'll forget all about my fear of flying...


I was watching a Friends rerun last night - it was the episode where they throw a good-bye party for Rachel because she's moving to Paris. I was thinking about how Jennifer Aniston's haircut in that particular season is the only haircut of hers that I haven't had (believe me when I say this series of copycat hairstyles was not entirely by choice - I trust my hairdresser enough to let her do whatever she wants to my hair, and it seems that she enjoys making my hair look the same) when it suddenly struck me that maybe I should consider that haircut because now I'M moving away. Cue search for kleenex

I guess we'll wait and see - I have a hair appointment in London on Saturday.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger BeechballBeatsCancer said…

    I think that is so funny because I too have had pretty much every single hairstyle that Rachel Green has has aswell. She has awesome hair, and unlike yourself I was the one who wanted it done - maybe I should consider a new haircut too, lol! I love getting my haircut; if I wouldn't end up bald I'd get it cut/done every day! Ahhh, so relaxing!

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Looking forward but also not looking forward to seeing you this week (as I'm sure you can understand). Luckily for me, having Gord has resulted in being well-equipped with an enormous supply of Kleenex.

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    I'm just sad that I might not get to see you again before you go :(
    At least we have blogs to keep in touch again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home