Monday, April 09, 2007

Ooh La La, J'adore le Paris!

Just a quick post - tonight is our last night in Paris, and I haven't been able to do any writing for my blog because I haven't had internet access that hasn't cost money. Even right now, I'm paying 8 Euros for 1 hour so I don't have to sit in a smoky bar full of old men drinking scotch.

Yep, that's the Parisian version of an internet cafe! At least in this neighbourhood...

Despite the dodgy "internet cafe", this neighbourhood is pretty amazing. Somehow we managed to find a place in the heart of Paris, so we're a block away from the Louvre, down the street from the Seine, and within 10 minutes walking of Notre Dame Cathedral. It's a short train ride to the Eiffel tower, and there are dozens of other great sites and monuments within easy reach. We really lucked out.

Traveling with my parents has been fun, although I'm really missing Jeremy and wishing that we could have explored this incredible city together. "Springtime in Paris" just isn't the same when you're not with the one you love...

After an exhausting few days of exploring, we leave tomorrow evening for London, but not before going to visit the inside of the Louvre, to see the Mona Lisa and a few other galleries. Should be very interesting, although I'm going to have a hard time not pulling out my camera (apparently you're not supposed to use them inside the galleries).

I really hope that I get to return here one day.

I'll try to write a more detailed post tomorrow, with some of the 300 pictures I took (what can I say - the view from the top of the Eiffel Tower is incredible).

Until then,
Bonne Nuit

5 Comments:

  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Suldog said…

    Je Mal A La Tete!

    (Sorry. That's the only French phrase that stuck when I tried to learn some before my trip to Paris, lo, these many, many years ago.)

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    heehee

    I love that it doesn't lose anything in translation...

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    That was almost a dare to try and think of something funnier in French..
    Je puis aller a la sal de bain... that's all I can remember from class. Suldog you have me beat.

    Not to mention I probably didn't even spell it right, but Mel will get it.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    hahaha Laura - I love it! I can't believe you remember that after all of these years.

    To those who don't know the story - Laura was a cheeky grade 9 girl who hated french class, the french teacher, and pretty much anything else to do with learning french. She did however, master the phrase "may I go to the bathroom?" in french and practiced it as often as possible.

    She, Kim, and I are probably the only ones who will get this, but;

    "LOOK OUT OR YOU'RE GOING TO TURN INTO A SAUSAGE AND GO TO FRENCH HELL"!!

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Damn that's still funny!
    Man I hated that class.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home